The Rome/Floyd Fire Department Training Division provides training and education in the areas of firefighting operations, rescue, and related emergency services. We set our standards high and continually look for ways to enhance the training we provide. Our training provides a balanced approached throughout all training topics and objectives to ensure that all department personnel is trained in all disciplines and hazards encountered within the City of Rome and Floyd County.
Our mission is to proudly protect lives, our environment, and property by providing prompt, skillful, cost-effective fire protection and life safety services while preserving our heritage and developing our future. The mission of the Training Division is to provide and facilitate the highest quality and most progressive education and training to ensure our personnel can safely and effectively deliver these services to the citizens we serve.
Initial Certification & In-Service Training
The Training Division is responsible for providing local, state, and federal (Homeland Security) certifications to all fire service personnel. This includes all basic mandates to advance careers in upper management levels.
- Georgia State Firefighter/NPQ Certifications
- EMS First Responder Certification
- Hazardous Materials Certification-Awareness, Operations, and Technician Levels
- Annual Firefighter Recertification Training
- Specialized Rescue Training
- Driver/Operator Training
- Annual ISO (Insurance Services Office) Training Requirements
- Promotional Assessment Centers
- Recruitment Processes
- Georgia Firefighter and Standards Training Council Regional Test Site