The Office of Technology Services (OTS) Department provides internal support services to all City departments and operates under the general guidance of the City Manager.
It is the mission of the Office of Technology Services to manage the City's information systems in an effective and efficient manner; to provide service and support to all City departments, assisting users in the most effective utilization of information and technology; to ensure that information and technology resources are accessible and usable by maintaining system uptime and availability, and to ensure the integrity of applications and data by maintaining strong security and system continuity procedures.
- Administer city-wide Technology Help Desk.
- Administer local area network, telecommunication networks, and Wireless Rome
- Conduct or procure training for Microsoft Windows and Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Conduct or procure training for other software applications and systems as requested
- Maintain a standard four-year maintenance replacement program for all computer and printer equipment
- Maintain city-wide information technology policy. Lead IT Committee in strategy development while mentoring department-level technology specialists in day-to-day operations
- Provide quality service and support for Technology related services.
- Review technology item purchases and participate in RFP development and evaluation